Okay, another WIP completed. Well, I cheated a bit. I changed directions. When I mentioned this WIP before, I thought I had 13-14 flowers. It turns out that I have 18. My original intent was to put the flowers together to make a lightweight cotton throw. Now however, I cannot.
First, I no longer know what pattern I used to make these flowers. I also cannot remember the hook size. I can foresee enough to know how frustrated I will become if I continue to make flowers that are larger or smaller and with varying shapes than the 18 I have at present. I do know I remember how happy I was when I was making these yellow, white, and yellow and white beauties. I used Sugar’ n Cream, Yellow, White, and Daisy.
I have decided to give them away as coasters in sets of 4. I will have 4 sets with two single flowers remaining. I crocheted a ribbon of 25 chain stitches to tie them together. Although, I am afraid the “ribbon” sort of looks like shoestrings. The sets will be mixed except the set for my mother-in-law. Hers will be all white. I think the sunny-ness of the yellow and white may be too overwhelming for her particular aesthetic. I note, because I love.
From this day forward, I will begin a crochet journal. With all new projects, I will include a copy of the pattern (or a reference to where it can be located), the hook size and type and color of yarn.